Both Gary and Jack are available for golf lessons & coaching at Castletroy Golf Club to Members and non-Members alike.
Their friendly professional attitude to coach the player as opposed to teaching the same swing to everyone has made lessons at Castletroy enjoyable, informative and progressive. golf lessons & coaching putting.
Both coaches are constantly investing in themselves and their coaching education to ensure the most current and vital coaching equipment and methods are available.
The head Club Professional Gary, has attended golf seminars with:
- Phil Kenyon- Harrold Swash’s Putting instructor and coach to several Tour Players including Tommy Fleetwood and Francesco Molinari.
- Jamie Donaldson- AimPoint Technologies and Senior Greens Reading Instructor- worldwide coach on all Tours and Sky Sports analysist.
- Paul Affleck- PGA national short-game coach, former European Tour Player, specialised pitching and bunker play coach
At Castletroy, we have a slightly restricted practice ground in terms of length, but perfect for anyone looking to improve their game from 100 yards; pitching greens; chipping green; bunker play are all available including a top-class putting green.
Castletroy boasts a Swing Room offering the latest technology and simulation golf, which opened in February 2020 and utilises one of only six GC Quad launch monitors in the country.
The large investment in this indoor Swing Room allows lessons to take place year-round with world-class software packages produced by Foresight Sports who supply the GC Quad Launch Monitor. This is a camera-based monitor that gives unbeatable accuracy on club and ball data, which we use for coaching and fitting. golf lessons & coaching indoors swing roomAlso in the Swing Room we have Golf specific exercise and conditioning equipment, such as SuperSpeed golf Sticks which are used for training programmes that are developed for the individual’s needs.
We currently offer coaching for individuals, groups, corporate clinics, on course tuition, putting lessons, beat the Pro on course competitions – utilising the following techniques/approaches:
- GC Quad either inside or out:
Gapping tests (discovering exact yardages)
- Ball fitting- which ball should you be using
- Skills test to show strengths and weaknesses within the game
- Ball flights and trajectory practice
- Efficiency of impact- how does your ball speed correlate to your club head speed- if it is not at the right level you are losing distance, a simple hosel position change or different shaft option could give significant gains
Rates for Coaching
Half-hour lessons from €30.00 without the use of the GC Quad Packages available on request, please call or contact us for monthly specials.